Want to buy: 15-50hp outboard for inflateable

I recently aquired a 12ft inflateable that is rated for up to a 50hp engine. The transom is re enforced so I bet it would handle something even bigger but I would prefer to stay well below the 50hp mark just because it would be nice if it was a little portable and I don't have any interest in going over 30mph in a blow up boat of any kind.

Anyways does anyone know of a reliable smaller outboard that's priced right? 2 stroke or 4 stroke would be ok I just want a good runner that has years left in it. Best would be in the 15-25hp range but I might consider something outside this too.

Rear Photo (Can see air keel).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just my 2 cents, but anything over a 30hp would be over kill.
the boats is so light, you won't need any more horsepower.

I have a 13.5' inflatable its rated for 25hp...regardless of that I have a 9.9 I use on it and on a lake I can do about 23-25mph solo, ungeared. Totally agree with R.S. A 50hp would be rediculous. 20-30hp will move 4 people and gear on that boat with ease and not be to sluggish about it.

FB

20 hp Evinrude

I have an electric start 20 hp evinrude I selling . No tiller handle! Great shape and good runner.
email for pics! asking $1000.00 firm.

Sounds great but I need a tiller handle for sure. Probably not something that could be added too easy?

I have not seen much (actually anything really) on used vic aside from a few small kickers. I'll have to check out CL and a few other sites I guess. The good news is I am in no hurry.

I've been looking for a long shaft 20-25hp motor for a while on the used market...few and far between (especially 2 strokes) that are in decent shape. keep an eye on craigslist...when they do come up you have to be quick!

-FB

I recently aquired a 12ft inflateable that is rated for up to a 50hp engine. The transom is re enforced so I bet it would handle something even bigger but I would prefer to stay well below the 50hp mark just because it would be nice if it was a little portable and I don't have any interest in going over 30mph in a blow up boat of any kind.

Anyways does anyone know of a reliable smaller outboard that's priced right? 2 stroke or 4 stroke would be ok I just want a good runner that has years left in it. Best would be in the 15-25hp range but I might consider something outside this

It's an Achilles. I have not been able to find much info on it so far. I even e-mailed sherwood marine a week and a half ago (they apparently sell them) with a few questions and a parts request and they have not gotten back to me.

What HP is your motor walchenko?

It's an Achilles. I have not been able to find much info on it so far. I even e-mailed sherwood marine a week and a half ago (they apparently sell them) with a few questions and a parts request and they have not gotten back to me.

What HP is your motor walchenko?

I have a 15hp and an 8hp both are long shaft. Both been in storage for about 10 yrs. $750 each obo.I believe they are 1996 vintage.

Back