Vancouver area Electronics installer

Dave....

Looking for an installer to install plotter/radar/nmea/vhf in an aluminum boat. Amy recommendations for price/quality ? Some outrageous quotes out there ( $3500 !! ) Thanks. Dave

just DIY it with some starboard.
its one of those things which is really labour intensive and a huge custom pain so youre going to pay out the nose or just do it yourself.

do it yourself it’s a easy way to learn what your system does and you will know all the connections etc etc. You’ll be surprised at some of the work that companies call professional. It’s really not that hard once you understand how everything goes together imo

what’s your company name ? You come on here and drum up business on this fishing forum but it’s top secret what the company is called ?

Poster asked so I'm only trying to help.

I'm no drummer and not particularly looking for more business. I enjoy helping people, I live and breathe this stuff and also like learning. I'm a part of several forums all over the map. I do not advertise my shop anymore. Been that way for a long time.

Poster asked so I'm only trying to help.

I'm no drummer and not particularly looking for more business. I enjoy helping people, I live and breathe this stuff and also like learning. I'm a part of several forums all over the map. I do not advertise my shop anymore. Been that way for a long time.

I will say that I was in need of a small piece of plastic and @ship happens helped me out without pushing any business on to me. I picked it up from him and he didn't even mention his company. Just gave me a good deal and some friendly conversation and advice on how to customize the part and what tools to use.

@fishin solo don't be assuming any bad intentions here. Just an honest dude who's helping people out.

It’s a legitimate question that’s been asked on this forum many times with no answer....... we all live and breath this stuff that’s why we’re on here..... and yes you have made it more then clear in many posts your some sort of marine business offering your services selling ,repairs etc so it seems a little strange that you won’t share the name of it...... don’t you think ?

Looking for an installer to install plotter/radar/nmea/vhf in an aluminum boat. Amy recommendations for price/quality ? Some outrageous quotes out there ( $3500 !! ) Thanks. Dave
I am in the US & have done my own installs on 3 different boats.
Converting your $3500 quote to USD & dividing my the going shop rate of $120/hour yields about 23 hours of labor.

Dunno about the current state of your boat's electrical system, but if your boat did not have ALL the above items previously installed, the electrical system will most likely require changes/upgrades. I do not see that quote as outrageous.

It’s a legitimate question that’s been asked on this forum many times with no answer....... we all live and breath this stuff that’s why we’re on here..... and yes you have made it more then clear in many posts your some sort of marine business offering your services selling ,repairs etc so it seems a little strange that you won’t share the name of it...... don’t you think ?
PM the guy, I'm sure he will answer you.

this is a brand new boat...and the hours are 3x what my buddy was charged on Vancouver island ( and his included an in-dash mount )..hnece my concern..
I am in the US & have done my own installs on 3 different boats.
Converting your $3500 quote to USD & dividing my the going shop rate of $120/hour yields about 23 hours of labor.

Dunno about the current state of your boat's electrical system, but if your boat did not have ALL the above items previously installed, the electrical system will most likely require changes/upgrades. I do not see that quote as outrageous.

this is a brand new boat...and the hours are 3x what my buddy was charged on Vancouver island ( and his included an in-dash mount )..hnece my concern..
Same boat with identical list of features being installed? If his doesn't have a NMEA backbone extra parts/install/testing of inter-device communications is required.
Did the installer look at your boat when providing a quote? Iv'e done this myself on 4 different boats; can be large differences in ease/complexity.
Is your buddies install ABYC compliant with wiring supports every 18 inches in addition to other requirements? You might need this for insurance.
There is a recent thread on THT forum on this subject; people are paying outrageous labor rates with outrageously poor customer satisfaction.

Highly possible that your install is different than you buddies & you are in a different market. Take it to your buddies installer.

i used to get some work done by a fella named Dave Bamford. Coquitlam area. look him up?
nice workmanship.

Back