Underwater Trout Striking Hard Baits

FishDoc

Hard Baits with Underwater Footage Striking at the lures without hooks trolled behind a GoFish Camera.

I captured this footage a few years ago and never ended up editing it until now. Pretty crazy to see how aggressive trout can be towards these small crankbaits right behind a gofish camera. I think some even hit the camera. Thought I'd post it here so people could enjoy!

Hard bodied lures/crankbaits like those are really popular down in South America for Trout even in really shallow water (creeks).

Back when I used to fish a lot of Smallmouth Bass in St Mary Lake Cutts & Rainbows were all over them if you were at the right depth.

Hard bodied lures/crankbaits like those are really popular down in South America for Trout even in really shallow water (creeks).

Back when I used to fish a lot of Smallmouth Bass in St Mary Lake Cutts & Rainbows were all over them if you were at the right depth.
Yeah, I think it depends on the trout and their forage. Some fish eating trout love these things. I remember slaying trout that were keyed in on a chironomid hatch on a lake in California, Crowley Lake. Stocked with Bows and Browns back when I was there and had naturals as well since part of the Owens river system. They loved the little Flicker shad since I think they eat the sacramento perch in that lake.

Back