underwater crab vid.

Island Fish Lifter

you gotta check this out. I dropped my new underwater video camera down beside my crab trap and actually watched crabs go into it! I used my dig. camera to record the image as it appeared on the screen so its not as clear as it actually was while we were watching it. We used only a little bait at first and almost right away a crab checked it out but went away, we waited about an hour before deciding to bring the trap up and "chum" it with fresh catfood and more bait, the result was crabs immediatly checked it out and went in!

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee90/daveeyx/?action=view&current=crabs002.flv

I don't know if it's just me, but I can't see this vid. It just flickers really fast[?]

Really tough to see but would be cool to see it better. Maybe if you digitally filmed the screen a little closer it would help

Probably a great vid, but the crabs you were talking about, I could not see. I could only see a bright spot in the trap. Thanks anyway I.F.L.
See you on the water[8D]
Mikiki

Could you use the underwater camera and connect directly to a computer? To get the direct feed instead of a camera recording a camera, etc... Sounds like you may have tried that already though. Either way, cool footage. I've been looking at waterproof cameras myself lately but totally not for that purpose. Great idea and video.

There are many options available in under water video.. They are getting quite popular in our neck of the woods.. Some have ultra violet lighting others can be downloaded onto computers many different options.. here is a link at one companies options if anyone is interested..

http://www.aquavu.com/aquavu/index.shtml

that was the first time I used it. I want to connect it to my downrigger cable and watch/fine tune my gear. I thaught it was pretty cool to watch the crabs go in though. I imagine there are many other uses I havnt even thought of.

I looked into an underwater camera, but found out that you need to have the lure about 5-7' away in order to see anyhting. Apparently our ocean water is too murky for the use of these things.

Anybody heard anything else???

Cheers

SS

Back