Ucluelet Info

N

NWSeaBird

I'm headed up to Ucluelet in early August and have a couple of questions. I'm coming from Neah Bay and will need to buy a fishing License -- can I do that in Ucluelet? Is it easy to clear Customs at Ucluelet? Are the Kings going to be in close or how far off shore? And lastly, can halibut be found this late? Thanks for your help.

Yes you can by a fishing licence in Ukee. Clearing Customs in Ucluelet is done by phone I beleive. There is no customs office there. At this time of year there should be some springs near shore. Try Wya point for some good action!

You can purchase a fishing license at Island West Resort just before you enter the goverment docks. You can call in at customs at what they call 52 steps. As you come into the inlet, you'll pass the Petro fuel dock and just pass that you will see the goverment float. It has RED steps and the dock looks pretty old. Some commercials and pleasure boats will be tied up at the dock. I just called in at Island West Resort. They have a web site if you want moorage there. What's nice about this place is, if you get moorage, you can also get freezer space to keep you catch. Good luck on you fishing trip.

Many thanks for the replies and good information -- knowing this makes the trip much easier. Now if the ocean waves could calm down a bit the trip over would be much more comfortable. Anyone have a recent fishing report for this area?

Back