Ucluelet - Big Bank is on fire

• Thread starter Thread starter reel addiction
  • Start date Start date
R

reel addiction

Hi Guys,
Quick update for you, the weather has been great and the fish are showing up big time!
Barkley Sound has produced some nice fish up to 35 pounds and lots of Coho on the inside.
Big Bank is worth the run limits of Halibut and Chinooks everyday!!!
Ocean Rambler caught a 48 pound chinook this week biggest of the season so far!!!
Tomic plugs and spoons, leave the flashers at home.
Have a look at www.fishingucluelet.com
for fishing reports and updated pics!!!
Tight lines and bent rods!

I'm glad I saw your post before I placed my yearly order into Tomic.
Over the years, I have caught a ton of fish using Tomic products without a flasher. It is a great way to cover a lot of area off shore.
In any case, the colors that have brought me the most luck are 212, 513, 602 ,603, 158, and 500. Are these the colors you use?
If not can you share?
Have you tried the new UV purple?

Now, THAT is good news!
Hadn't heard about the action in the Sound, but had indeed heard about the halibut on the Big Bank. Very good reports coming in on them the last couple of days! Also heard springs were a tad scratchy as of yet, but that will likely improve in a week or two. Why a week or two you might ask? Area G Troll Fleet has an opening as of tomorrow. 9,500 pieces in the Southern, 5,500 Northern Areas. Areas open for them this go are:

"The following Areas and zones will open 00:01 hours Thursday June 15:

Area 123 – zones 10, 11, 12, 13, and 16;
Area 124 – zones 16, 17, 18, 21, and 22; and
Areas 125 to 127
"

As the Inside Banks aren't open for them, it might be an idea to hunt there or the Sound for springs until the Big Bank recharges. Of course they don't target hali's, so still worth the run if your hunting the flat ones.

I'll be out there hunting Saturday. Likely stop in Bamfield for a quick chat with some of the non-locals on the way back home. Letcha know as it goes... :D

Cheers,
Nog

damm I won't be there till late aug
see you all on the flip side

Back