Trophy Mooching Reels

• Thread starter Thread starter Riptide2
  • Start date Start date
R

Riptide2

I have asked about the Islander MR-3 how about the Trophy Mooching reels, which are close to 1/2 the price?

I'll probably get lot's of "Boo's" over this ...
but i have a Temple fork "Pacific" at about 1/2
the price of the MR2 and it works great.
;)

I have seen that reel for sale in Campbell River, looks a lot like the MR2.

I did look at a Trophy at Marine store w fishing dept upstairs..in Steveston...I was hot after the MR2 lookalike till I felt the drag..not very smooth..but maybe that was a bad reel...I guess for us to know, somebody needs to run one for a season and get some decent Springs on it....me, I guess I am on vacation and investing time and money to do the thing I love, so I go with proven stuff...love my Islanders.

i also have two temple fork moochers , "love them" after last season i cleaned and oiled and greased them up , there better then ever the cork drag is just as smooth as the mr2 i think . also the quality is there. with my lamy rods sweet combo:Dtake a good look at these reals just because there a knock off doesn`t mean there junk as i don`t own junk

who sells the temple fork reels? I will be on island in a week or so :)))))))))

Glad to hear a +++ report!

tyee marine in cambell river , the reels are on there website .I also know another guy , e-mail me if you want the best price and there location is a little closer then cambell river. tightlines

Back