Transom Saver

• Thread starter Thread starter Tanglefoot
  • Start date Start date
T

Tanglefoot

I know these are available for use while 'trailering' but...my problem is while I'm on the water with the kicker tilted on the 'spar' type outboard bracket. Because the bracket is articulated, the weight of the 8hp 4 stroke motor causes the bracket to flex somewhat (sometimes a lot[xx(]) in almost any sea at all. I think this is putting a pretty good strain on the transom, to say nothing about the bracket itself. I think what is needed is an adjustable brace rod attached to the bottom of the transom and onto the kicker near the skeg with some means of connecting and disconnecting it while on the water.

Anyone have info on such a brace? I have considered getting rid of the adjustable bracket and bolting on a rigid replacement. I'm not sure what would be the most economical solution.

Thanks for any suggestions/info. Tom

I run a rope from the back of my kicker motor to the aft cleat on my boat while running and trailering takes the pressure off the bracket and transom and is for safety so my kicker doesn't ever drop down when it shouldn't.

JMHO Cheers ME

Back