Trailer brake repairs in Victoria?

DuroBoat

I don’t think my trailer brakes are working - any recommendations on south Vancouver Island to have new brakes / actuator installed? I’ve got a double axel, aluminum Venture trailer. Currently has 3-year old disks and calipers on one axel only and hydraulic actuator so some updating required regardless

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    653.9 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    521.9 KB · Views: 11
I don’t think my trailer brakes are working - any recommendations on south Vancouver Island to have new brakes / actuator installed? I’ve got a double axel, aluminum Venture trailer. Currently has 3-year old disks and calipers on one axel only and hydraulic actuator so some updating required regardless
I had my Highliner boat trailer brakes redone last fall at Tomcat in Langford. Have used them for other repairs on a couple of cargo trailers as well. Good service, but a pretty busy shop -- often booking more than month out.

You have a few options out in the Westshore. Fennells RV, Thomcat, Cap it Millstream, some guys have said good things about Sherwood for parts. Depends who you ask as they've all have good or bad experiences. I re did my axle/brakes last year and went with Thomcat and happy with the work they did. Fennells was very busy and weren't able to get to trailer anytime soon. Thomcat was just up the road and I wasn't able to tow very due to my issue. Call around and ask for a quote and get things in writing.

Long tow up north sans brakes :oops:

You have a few options out in the Westshore. Fennells RV, Thomcat, Cap it Millstream, some guys have said good things about Sherwood for parts. Depends who you ask as they've all have good or bad experiences. I re did my axle/brakes last year and went with Thomcat and happy with the work they did. Fennells was very busy and weren't able to get to trailer anytime soon. Thomcat was just up the road and I wasn't able to tow very due to my issue. Call around and ask for a quote and get things in writing.

Long tow up north sans brakes :oops:
Totally agree on Fennell's. The owner Sarah used to be at Custom Hitch in Luxton and knows her business. I'm also impressed with the cheerful friendly attitude and integrity. I've had her squeeze in a small job when the wait was weeks, and she's also sent me to Thomcat when she really couldn't.

Try Burkmar auto in central saanich. They were doing all the coast guard trailers a while back. Good service and won’t screw you over

Totally agree on Fennell's. The owner Sarah used to be at Custom Hitch in Luxton and knows her business. I'm also impressed with the cheerful friendly attitude and integrity. I've had her squeeze in a small job when the wait was weeks, and she's also sent me to Thomcat when she really couldn't.

Ya she’s good.

Back