Trailer bearings in Victoria

Sherwood also has the prepacked hubs in stock.
You will need your spindle size.
makes the job so much easier for a little more money.

I got mine done at fennels RV. The new owner has a wealth of knowledge on boat trailers. That’s my go to place to get them done. I’m sure they will sell you a set if you’re looking to do the job yourself.

Princess auto. You can also try Thomcat on station.
Can't recommend Thomcat,I had a terrible experience there.Just went to Sherwood ,had everything I needed.I asked about the prepacked rotors,they don't stock them,but they had everything there to put together.

I got mine done at fennels RV. The new owner has a wealth of knowledge on boat trailers. That’s my go to place to get them done. I’m sure they will sell you a set if you’re looking to do the job yourself.
Standup people at Fennels for sure.

Standup people at Fennels for sure.
The new owner at Fennell's worked for years at Custom Hitch by the Luxton Fairgrounds [now closed permanently] - they are good. They've also sent me to Thomcat for work they don't do, and I've had 3 good experiences there in the past 2 years [not all with my trailer!]. The owner, Darryl, and manager, James, are both really practical guys who don't oversell.

Can’t find any specs on what axel is on my trailer. I assume most are 3500lb?
single axle made fie 17-19 ft boat.

Princess auto has 3500lb axel hub kit on sale fir $69. Would have been $55 for just seals and bearings.

Can’t find any specs on what axel is on my trailer. I assume most are 3500lb?
single axle made fie 17-19 ft boat.
I have a single axle ez-loader with a 21ft on it. It has a 5500 lb torsion axle on it so I don’t believe there is any set standard. I get my bearing etc from Sherwood Marine. I think the guy told me there are two sizes that are most common. First time there the guy asked me how many studs on the axle. Mine has 6 and he gave me a kit that fit. I recorded the part numbers off of the old bearings and races and now when I go I give that info to be sure I get the right stuff. I found the guy there to be very knowledgeable when it comes to trailers. ( can’t remember his name).

Replaced both hubs yesterday. Went for a test drive and found hubs a bit warm after. Not hot but warm. I don’t recall my hubs ever being warm in the past. I backed off the crown nut. Didn’t change anything.
Best I can tell from looking up is warm is ok. Just not hot?

Back