Trade Whites for Reds?!?! Salmon trade!

I would love to GIVE you some Salmon

Im not sure of the legalities, so as per my normal style, I'll just say f it and go from there!!

haha anyway i have quite a bit of white spring in my freezer i would like to give some away. My wife is a big salmon eater but cant get over the white salmon look. To me i actually prefer it. Most of the them are ucuelet/bamfield fish bled right away and vacum packed and frozen the day of. late august/sept fish. They are 15-25 lb fish Filleted and cut into 3 sections per fillet. Probably 1.5-3lbs per Package.

Any takers?

I would like to limit my gifiting to people who Also like to give salmon away. Preferably Red's.
Lorne

Last edited by a moderator:
yer only allowed to gift it,, not even allowed on the barter blanket at yer next hippy commune party..

i may have some coho i could gift ya?

Weird thought..... It is illegal to barter, trade or sell fish.

What would happen if you get caught and go to court. LOL. Trading a legally caught salmon for a legally caught salmon. Mind blown

yo+dawg+31.jpg

Come on now thats like the Bacon brat in court right now. The coke was not for trafficing, he just stole it from another dealer. Like WTF.... Good Lawyers.

If you don't trade it and end up keeping it ... you may want to smoke it. I hot smoked some white spring with a nice sugary brine, it turned the outside nicely brown, then white on the inside ... I bet that will make it more presentable! Very tasty too.

Another option is to can it, then use it for sandwiches or salmon burgers -- again, less objectionable presentation in these forms than a big slab of white meat. Looks like tuna, tastes like salmon.

This is, as they say, "a good problem to have". :-)

If you don't trade it and end up keeping it ... you may want to smoke it. I hot smoked some white spring with a nice sugary brine, it turned the outside nicely brown, then white on the inside ... I bet that will make it more presentable! Very tasty too.

Another option is to can it, then use it for sandwiches or salmon burgers -- again, less objectionable presentation in these forms than a big slab of white meat. Looks like tuna, tastes like salmon.

This is, as they say, "a good problem to have". :-)

Hey Juandesooka, that is exactly what I do with mine. Here is a picture of the last batch I did a week or so ago....

IMG_3565.jpg

Hope this works.

SS

Here is the only smoked fish I like better than hot smoked white springs, black cod or sable fish just out of the smoker......

20101125_1818.jpg

SS

ha, complete thread hijack....sorry Lorne. (I guess that's why some are calling for no replies on buy/sell/trade... ;-)

But that pic above highlights my point exactly ... holy jumpin' that looks good, can't see anyone objecting to that presentation, the contrast from outside to inside makes it even nicer than red salmon I think

Hey Lorne-- the Courtenay Fish and Game is hosting the AGM of the BCWF this april. We are looking for donations of wild game and fish. Anything you want to gift would be appreciated. Give me a call if this works for you.

Cheers
Bryan

Keep the white springs and trade the wife?

???????? hmm guess that was meant to be funny... sorry bod my bad..

Last edited by a moderator:
This is interesting. FA, I seen your crab pictures and instantly wondered....I should offer atrade trade..!?

However, I have Vac packed Coho, Vac packed spring and vac packed Hali pro done. I would like to give some to someone who has some prawns or crab !!! lol

Back