Towing limits

If you drop by any scale they will be willing to tell you. You can also get the info from the motor vehicle branch. I have found the scales easier as they will give you a copy of the rules usually right away. Good luck.

You will need the overwidth permit which can be bought by the day months or year from any ICBC insurance agency. You are required although most don't to have 5 red flags two on the front gunnels at the widest point, two on the back corners and one on your prop for daytime and for towing at night the flags are suppose to be although most don't be replaced with two amber lights on the front and two reds at the back and a flag on your prop. We just use battery operated lights mounted on the plastic spring loaded C clamps. Like I said most don't do it but you could be fined if you don't although I have yet to here about anyone getting fined. Remeber each Province and state have different rules although I know this is the rule for both BC and Washington State. As for towing anything over 10,000lbs you are suppose to have a weight endorsement on your DL although most snowbirds towing big 5th wheels don't it's a test you take that involves mostly manouvering your truck and boat and backing up and you would have to phone the BC DL licenseing branch for information.

Cheers ME

Back