Top 3 Places to Stay

I concur....

If you are fishing Nootka/Esperanza inlet then Rodgers is the place to be. This lodge is the closest to the great fishing off the west coast of Vancouver island. Rodgers has some great guided and byob packages available. Check them out at www.rodgersfishinglodge.com

There is nowhere in essperanza to stay any closer to the fishing! access to all the fishing Inshore salmon, halibut off shore and Tuna. Keep the hours of your motors and more fuel in the tank, that in itself pays for itself.

I'd have to agree.....

I'd personaly stay at Rodgers Lodge if fishing Esperanza, and Critter Cove if fishing Nootka.

Gee I may even look closer at Reel Obsession this year, great supporter and paid advertiser of this site and a supporter of SFBC 2014 Derby

http://www.reelobsession.ca

Last edited by a moderator:
My vote goes to Rodgers Fishing Lodge as well. I have been guest there for the last 7 years. Great location, friendly staff, good food and phenomenal fishing!

I know some are going to laugh,, but I can't help,, we love good old Sunny Shores in Sooke. Still my families favourite spot. Affordable, close to the fishing grounds, fuel, bait friendly people. Yes the place could use some upgrading but I understand Andy's thing with waiting to sell and not putting anymore into it. We are going to miss it when it's gone and so will Sooke. Been staying there since 92 it just feels like home.

I've found Rodgers to be incredible value. They were very accommodating to my son, such nice people working there. The guides also are very helpful for BYOB like myself. The fishing is so good in that area, that most people limit out every time.

Tough to beat Bamfield---B&B with a dock---you could row a kayak out to where the fish are biting some of the spots are so close to town

But day in, day out, I'm with Smiley on this one:

..."as close to the action as possible, in a secure location, on the hook...."

Nothing cooler then firing up the kicker, pulling up the anchor, taking a big gulp of hot coffee, then dropping the gear overboard --- lots of places to do that off Van Isl and further north towards and beyond Rivers

Smiley and Sharphooks have it right. Good nights sleep in the cuddy then up anchor and fishing with fresh coffee. Is it April yet? watching hali rods and beach for bears at same time, all while prawn traps soak. Sleeping at secluded bay 2 mins from fishing is way to do it.

HM

Alder Bay Resort
Rodgers Fishing Lodge

I've been guiding for Doug and Pam for a couple years and had many great experiences there! It's been a privilege to work with in my opinion some of the finest quality guides you can get ! The fishing is second to none! Close access makes for less travel and more fishing for our guests, more often than not the fishing is made up of complete limits of all species !! With enough catch and releases to make you wish you would have worked out more before the burn of sore arms gets ya!great scenery , great people but above all else great fishing!! ... Cheers.. Halihunter!!

Tough to beat Bamfield---B&B with a dock---you could row a kayak out to where the fish are biting some of the spots are so close to town

Where would you stay in Bamfield? Figure a week at Quadra Island in the camper and then B&B or hotel in Bamfield as we work back down the island. Quadra, thinking of Taku. Any suggestions? Camper and boat slip.

I was thinking of non camper in Bamfield. Helps to suck up to the wife. It is a truck camper.

Westwind Tugboat Adventures: Union Jack/Parry
westwindtug1.jpg
One of my friends and his business partner just bought the Union Jack. They look to turn it back in to a lodge soon. She's been modified a bit since that photo. but still a great platform to base camp from.

Lots of you like Rodgers. What's the prawning and bottom fishing like? Sounds like a great destination.
Thanks

Top 3 favorite places to stay:

Wick Inn Tofino, stay with the family a couple of times a summer.
Seabeam in Bamfield - fun, good guys.
On the boat, on the dock in Tofino.

But always interested in finding a new favorite spot.
Spent the last few summers in Tofino, and love it there, but interested in trying a few new places. Looking at heading a little further north maybe for a bit this year.
The Wolf in the Fog opening at 6 with coffee and fresh pastries makes it harder to think about trying other spots.

Rodgers Fishing Lodge - Best value for best fishing on the West Coast

Okay, for all of us not local to the water guys, what are your Top 3 best places to stay when fishing?

Nootka - Moutcha Bay
Campbell River - Salmon Point Resort
?

No question Rodgers Fishing Lodge is the best value for the best fishing on the West Coast of BC. I have fished Haida Gwaii to Victoria and this place is the best value for the best fishing and access to the closest and calmest waters. I would recommend http://rodgersfishinglodge.com/ to anyone.

heard Sonora has trout ponds,salmon fishing,and their latest is a new jet boat to fish phillips river and lake.

Back