Tofino?

tdickenson

My father-in-law is fishing Tofino today through Monday, comes back to Seattle, and then my son and I go up with him and my two brothers-in-law on Thursday to fish Fri Aug 8 through Sunday the 10th. I'll be posting as much info as I have, but I'd also love to be able to help my father-in-law get some more recent intelligence from this weekend.

I had told him to head up to Rafael because of a report I heard on Tuesday, but someone told him it was dead up there, so he headed out to Starfish this morning. They hit a twelve lb. spring right off the bat - and as most of us are optimistic on our first day out... threw it back(!) They got about a 20 at Starfish, then moved to Chicken Ranch and got a similar spring and two coho, but it took them quite a while They said they didn't see more than a couple of boats all day. They said from the reports they heard they did pretty well, but I have to believe the other boats are elsewhere for a reason.

So any advice for them on Sunday? Back to Starfish? Up to Rafael? Or anywhere else? I saw one report that some Ukee folks were coming up to Long Beach (but I think when it comes to fishing on the west coast of Vancouver Island... the grass is always... north-er!)

Thanks in advance. And I'll continue to post what I hear from them. If anyone wants to trade info by PM or email, etc. this weekend or next, be sure to let me know.

Just put a report in the Reports section for Tofino.
If you need any more info, PM me.

Back