TOFINO

• Thread starter Thread starter sheephnter
  • Start date Start date
S

sheephnter

New to the board. QUESTION: If you had only one week to fish at TOFINO- for big Springs- what week would you go guys?

thanks

THIS WEEK! not much time left and the slabs are in right now and its on fire. So if your planning a trip before the end of this season u'd better hurry and get in on em while theyre still there.

THIS WEEK! not much time left and the slabs are in right now and its on fire. So if your planning a trip before the end of this season u'd better hurry and get in on em while theyre still there.

THIS WEEK? Really? I just left there two days ago- and I sure didnt see many of those SLABS you are refering to? we caught a pair of 37's in 3 days fishing and a 26 but we were the BIG ones at the Weight west Resort for the week??? wanted to go back when the SLABS are there- thats why I asked the question of the board- cause ya never get a firm answer from resort operators-

so anyway- anyone else got an idea what week it would be?

THIS WEEK? Really? I just left there two days ago- and I sure didnt see many of those SLABS you are refering to? we caught a pair of 37's in 3 days fishing and a 26 but we were the BIG ones at the Weight west Resort for the week??? wanted to go back when the SLABS are there- thats why I asked the question of the board- cause ya never get a firm answer from resort operators-

so anyway- anyone else got an idea what week it would be?

... I think it is safe to call a 36lb'r a slab!
Maybe you were at the start of it all or inbetween runs or the tides could have been bad, guide hung-over etc etc.
Good luck and greater fish'n.

Edited by - mr.dean on 09/03/2004 17:03:09

... I think it is safe to call a 36lb'r a slab!
Maybe you were at the start of it all or inbetween runs or the tides could have been bad, guide hung-over etc etc.
Good luck and greater fish'n.

Edited by - mr.dean on 09/03/2004 17:03:09

I think I would be safe to say a couple of 37 lbers are very nice fish one thing you have got to remember is there isnt alot of big fish around anymore the size average is down quite a bit since the el nino and mackerel predetation we had back a few years ago just look at the island outfitters board there is only 4 over 50 on it if your looking to get fish over 50 lbs plus maybe you should look to going to the charlottes even the nitnat area the size is down.
Good luck!!!!!! Wolf

I think I would be safe to say a couple of 37 lbers are very nice fish one thing you have got to remember is there isnt alot of big fish around anymore the size average is down quite a bit since the el nino and mackerel predetation we had back a few years ago just look at the island outfitters board there is only 4 over 50 on it if your looking to get fish over 50 lbs plus maybe you should look to going to the charlottes even the nitnat area the size is down.
Good luck!!!!!! Wolf

guess I din't mean 37's weren't "slabs" what I meant was- WHERE was the "On Fire" he was refering to????

WOLF- you say if ya want slab to try Quenn Charlottes- what week or two would you go up there for them? THanks in advance

I enjoy all of you guys are your information- thanks much!

THE Sheephnter

guess I din't mean 37's weren't "slabs" what I meant was- WHERE was the "On Fire" he was refering to????

WOLF- you say if ya want slab to try Quenn Charlottes- what week or two would you go up there for them? THanks in advance

I enjoy all of you guys are your information- thanks much!

THE Sheephnter

CS- can you recommend a lodge or resort for the Rupret Skeena "Slabs:? in May.

Thanks

CS- can you recommend a lodge or resort for the Rupret Skeena "Slabs:? in May.

Thanks

Back