Tofino Report

Roe Bags

Just back from Tofino after a two and a half day trip in the area. Sunday afternoon we arrived on the Westcoast to sunny skies and hot weather in Tofino. The only drawback was the high wind, trying to get OFFSHORE was nearly impossible with 10 meter seas plus the chop. Ater talking with a friend that guides for W/W we decides to fish the inside up near the hotsprings as large numbers of coho were showing. Sunday evening we hooked 15-20 coho average size about 8 lbs. Just before we left a freight train hit in 32 feet of water on a chove no flasher. The Spring ended up weighing in at 31 pounds and a hell of a fight!! Monday morning the weather showed a little break but the swells were still very large but we pounded out to Portland point and fished for abot 2.5 hours. Only two other boats we out and I knew why once we hit the 7 mile mark it was ROUGH!! We boated 6 spring and lost about the same amount, average size 12lbs and dissapointing this time of year. Monday night we did the mush thing at the hotsprings what a trip on that boardwalk!! Tuesday morning late wake and off to Portland landed 7 springs in about 3 hours and lost about 5 not to mention the coho picking up the choves on the way down. Biggest spring on tuesday 17 pounds, where the heck are all the big mutts?? If your heading for Tofino make sure you buy choves before you go their SOLD OUT!!!

Thats Mr. Bags to you

Roe bags is right,it was very rough out there.We fished out of toquart.Tuesday was not bad but wed morning was very rough.the good news is the springs appear to be coming in.We limited out on coho(big surprise) but did very well off cree and chrow with springs.Nothing really big, our biggest being 24.My wife lost one that had to be 30 plus and I lost one maybe 30(fisherman stretch) so it showed they are coming in.

Roe bags is right,it was very rough out there.We fished out of toquart.Tuesday was not bad but wed morning was very rough.the good news is the springs appear to be coming in.We limited out on coho(big surprise) but did very well off cree and chrow with springs.Nothing really big, our biggest being 24.My wife lost one that had to be 30 plus and I lost one maybe 30(fisherman stretch) so it showed they are coming in.

aYup, twas a tad bouncy out there for the smaller rigs Saturday Sunday Monday and Tuesday! BUT the hogs were hangin' off the wreck Saturday and the usual spots on the Big Bank the rest. Loaded right up for six (course a 42 foot ride helps!) each and every, largest just under 40. Coho's abound, and although the flatties were a tad reluctant, a few managed to be coaxed out of the depths. Off it now for a few... BADLY needed downtime!

Good you at least made it out for some FUN!

Cheers,
Nog

aYup, twas a tad bouncy out there for the smaller rigs Saturday Sunday Monday and Tuesday! BUT the hogs were hangin' off the wreck Saturday and the usual spots on the Big Bank the rest. Loaded right up for six (course a 42 foot ride helps!) each and every, largest just under 40. Coho's abound, and although the flatties were a tad reluctant, a few managed to be coaxed out of the depths. Off it now for a few... BADLY needed downtime!

Good you at least made it out for some FUN!

Cheers,
Nog

Yup it was a tad bouncy, we were goona fish the wreck on Tuesday but a head full of MUGGIES Monday night at the springs put that on hold. Gonna hit Big Bank next week will let you know how it goes!!

Thats Mr. Bags to you

Yup it was a tad bouncy, we were goona fish the wreck on Tuesday but a head full of MUGGIES Monday night at the springs put that on hold. Gonna hit Big Bank next week will let you know how it goes!!

Thats Mr. Bags to you

Back