Tofino area follow up

• Thread starter Thread starter tofinofish
  • Start date Start date
T

tofinofish

Without writing another detailed report right now, I just wanted to follow up the last one to emphasize how strong the inshore Chinook/Coho is right now. Better than normal for mid-late June, most areas of the coastline of Tofino/Clayoquot Sound and outer Ucluelet area have lit right up.

For those who want to fish with small-medium sized boats on their own, this is the area and time, which should last through late September for Coho, and early to mid September for Chinook.Charter options obviously available in both areas.

Check with us if you want more detailed info.

Jay
Clayoquot Ventures
Jay's Fly and Tackle

Ya Jay
Saw your boats in close doing just fine .~~~ Yesterday we trolled inside got some springs up to 23 lbs ~~all coho were 6-8 lbs , few small halis and lings !!! Great fishin just as you say all on white hootchies :D

Great inside action without burning fuel and bait......I'm liking it and look forward to more of it!

Good Fishing...

Jay

Just got back from Bamfield and the fishing is HOT! We went through 3 trays of Anchovies by 9:00 am then went to white hootchies with a green and silver flasher.... just slayed them. The catch was even between Coho's and Springs with the Coho running from 3 to 7 lbs. and the Springs averaging 8 to 15 lbs. We caught a 23 lb. and 12 lb. Chum if you can figure that out. The biggest Chum I have ever seen, let alone at this time of year! Going out again Sunday or Monday. Most of the fish were caught just off of Diana and some off of the Wall. Saw three hali's at the dock, 71, 72 and another 72 all caught 1/2 mile off of Cape Beale in 165 feet of water. We went 12 miles out and lost a hummer but nothing in the boat. Seawolf 1

Good Fishing!!!!

I have heard of other early Chum from this past weekend as well. Those Silverbrights make a good hot smoke.

Tofinofish, the smoker is on as I write. I have never found Chum great table fare but due to the fact that they are so oily, they smoke up real well. Seawolf 1

Back