Tilt Trim Fuse Location Volvo Penta 4.3

ziggy

I had a run in with a Commercial Crab line while running on my kicker. The plastic bucket and partially submerged cork floats caught the skeg of my outdrive. I managed to get free after spending some time hooked on, now my leg won’t lift, it’s stuck in the down position. I’m pretty sure it’s a fuse but while I can find electrical schematics I can’t physically identify the fuses or breakers it could be. It’s 2000 Volvo Penta 4.3 with I believe a DP leg. Anyone familiar with where the fuses and or breakers are physically located. Will do some more sleuthing tomorrow on the boat.

There are relays that can also fail.
I do not have experience in the 4.3, but the Volvo diesel leg trim runs froma big fuse right behind the black electrical box on the top front of the engine.

I replaced the fuse with a resettable breaker, on the advice of Advanced Marine.
It was a trip to figure out where the fuse was located.

There are two relays right around the trim pump.
I have had issues with them in the past too.
You can buy them at Lordco, but get the PICO brand and not the Bosch.

Attachments

• Trim relay.jpg
    Trim relay.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 6
There are two relays right around the trim pump.
I have had issues with them in the past too.
You can buy them at Lordco, but get the PICO brand and not the Bosch.
Thanks for the reply. I traced the electrical supply lines back from the pump and found a 10 amp inline fuse next to the pump. Changed it and viola!

Thanks for the reply. I traced the electrical supply lines back from the pump and found a 10 amp inline fuse next to the pump. Changed it and viola!
Best sort of troubleshooting there, start at where you need the power and work your way to the power source.
Glad it worked for you!
Make sure those relays are out of the moisture, I have had some issues with them and now carry spares for them too.

Back