tilt kits for yamaha

can anyone tell me if you can get a power tilt kit for a Yamaha 9.9 that didn't come with one originally . If so , how much would it run and how hard would it be to mount?

r.s craven would it be possilbe to get that info also.Much thanks.

I use the aftermarket cmc bracket go to trotac they can get it for you works great.

Wolf

they are also making some nice units out at sooke marine for about $550.00, if i remember correctly.

Wolf, Are you using the pt-35 ? What is one of those units worth ?

No Im using the CMC one works awsome!!!!highly recommend it so far no problems used it close to 50 times so far.

Good luck Wolf

That is the CMC one Wolf, They have two sizes and that is the smaller of the two. Who installed it for you Wolf ? An how about price ?

Ok didnt know that?? it is the smaller of the 2 and installed it myself with a buddy we drilled our own holes to mount it to my pod plate wasnt hard to do at all.Dont know about the price I get a good deal down at trotac And I needed it so I got it I think its around the $500 mark, kinda needed though for the pod wasnt about to hop on the pod every time and lower it.

Good luck Wolf

Thanks Wolf, The only trouble is that I'm going to use my dad's two stroke johnson this up coming year(going to buy a new four stroke the following year) and I'm concerned about the shaft length on my dad's motor. I guess I could mount it for his motor's shaft length and buy the same length when I get the new motor ? any suggestions ?

Do internet search for Boat owners World. I just bought the PT35 for $370.00 plus shipping ($24.95) It is great unit. I replaced a panther lift (a worm drive that is designed to die soon, a waste of good money) You can mount it your self.

Country Boy
You would probably be better off with a long shaft for the kicker to allow some clearance between the cowling and wave tops.
If you have to use your dad's short shaft temporarily, talk to a dealer about the mount and height variances so that when you get the long shaft you have the flexibility to mount it.
Just an opinion.
Good luck.

Back