The Way Inn bamfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think it is weird to evaluate your guests before taking a reservation. A proper Inn does not do that imo. If you want to avoid riff raff, make sure the description of your property clearly indicates who you cater to, and then set your rates to attract the people you want - has worked for us for 2 years so far.
Come on - advertise all you want on the people that you prefer to stay in your rental - and assholes will still show up!
Why are you so bent out of shape?
I just think it is weird to evaluate your guests before taking a reservation. A proper Inn does not do that imo. If you want to avoid riff raff, make sure the description of your property clearly indicates who you cater to, and then set your rates to attract the people you want - has worked for us for 2 years so far.

Come on - advertise all you want on the people that you prefer to stay in your rental - and assholes will still show up!
Why are you so bent out of shape?
Apparently, Don’t post on your phone Cause all these ads will scene you and send your message early!

the Fairmont doesn’t ask for specific guests, yet you should act and care for yourself and room accordingly. I have a tough time understanding why you are so bent out of shape by a general “put off” inquiry that probably weeds out the riff raff.

Don’t get so pissed at a generic response about 0 reviews, Don’t let it be an preview of who you are as a renter!

Don’t use airbnb so I might be missing something. Seems like a Catch 22 if you can’t rent until you have a review. How do you get one?

If I would have been asked about myself I would have been happy to give details about my family and the purpose of our trip. Unfortunately I was not. The request was denied immediately after the generic response was sent.

I understand that some places may have bad apples come to them, but this is a place in Bamfield that is essential boat access only and a small fishing community. Do they get alot of hookers and blow party's happening here?

one other possible reason for his response could be due to covid. I don't know if your original enquiry included your family of 4 plus 2 friends or not, if it did, and him being a medical professional (from what I read in previous post) and knowing our general population will not all be vaccinated until the end of sept (probably best case scenario) , he just may be playing it on the safe side and keeping it single family groups etc. I also certainly understand his air bnb rating bias also as I had rented a suite in our house for years (haven't done it for about 20 yrs but have the option) my daughter currently rents her unit thru air bnb and definitely uses their rating system, as far as Ennibergs comments on air bnb go, he is in pt. alice and I highly doubt many young people go there to party and raise hell, lol, so I doubt his experience is reminiscent of others in more popular areas.

one other possible reason for his response could be due to covid. I don't know if your original enquiry included your family of 4 plus 2 friends or not, if it did, and him being a medical professional (from what I read in previous post) and knowing our general population will not all be vaccinated until the end of sept (probably best case scenario) , he just may be playing it on the safe side and keeping it single family groups etc. I also certainly understand his air bnb rating bias also as I had rented a suite in our house for years (haven't done it for about 20 yrs but have the option) my daughter currently rents her unit thru air bnb and definitely uses their rating system, as far as Ennibergs comments on air bnb go, he is in pt. alice and I highly doubt many young people go there to party and raise hell, lol, so I doubt his experience is reminiscent of others in more popular areas.
you are very right nicnat - and I don't expect Bamfield is much different - or maybe it is?

you are very right nicnat - and I don't expect Bamfield is much different - or maybe it is?
probably a bit more so, drinking and fishing kind of go hand in hand in a lot of cases, lol, you also get stag groups etc to the popular fishing destinations. I love it up in pt. alice, was up there for a quick visit about 2 years ago, I worked up there in the early 70's (logging at jeune landing) and played a bit of hockey with the blues, lol. lots of good memories from those days.

Apparently, Don’t post on your phone Cause all these ads will scene you and send your message early!

the Fairmont doesn’t ask for specific guests, yet you should act and care for yourself and room accordingly. I have a tough time understanding why you are so bent out of shape by a general “put off” inquiry that probably weeds out the riff raff.

Don’t get so pissed at a generic response about 0 reviews, Don’t let it be an preview of who you are as a renter!
not sure why you are claiming I am "bent out of shape" or "pissed" - I am certainly neither :)

probably a bit more so, drinking and fishing kind of go hand in hand in a lot of cases, lol, you also get stag groups etc to the popular fishing destinations. I love it up in pt. alice, was up there for a quick visit about 2 years ago, I worked up there in the early 70's (logging at jeune landing) and played a bit of hockey with the blues, lol. lots of good memories from those days.
Port Alice fills up pretty well during Summer too, with people who come to fish. We purposely don't attract a lot of them to stay with us, but we also have not stopped anyone who wanted to.

This has run it's course now. We don't often let these stand, as it is nearly impossible to get context around these situations and we don't want two parties airing their private disputes in the forum (which didn't happen here). There was some good suggestions around renting through airbnb (or similar scenarios) but it is time to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back