The end of the Line...

I didn't even notice that.... my bad :eek:

that one is a RAR Ripper.....nothing wrong with that if you have UNRAR.......this one is AVI and smaller......coming down in 50 minutes with bitorrent....

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6567170/End_of_the_Line_2007__BigPerm_LKRG

Oops my bad.....not the right movie.....hope nobody is downloading this one.....
icon13.png
:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a chance to watch this movie tonight.

Thanks Lorne for posting with the info about this documentary.

A great to show to watch.. Done by National Geographic, they always do a very good job.

As others have said a sad state of affairs..

When science ( says to EU) to only harvest X quota of bluefin tuna for sustainability (I can't remember the exact poundage) and industry harvests 4X that number..you know where we are going.

In the documentary it keeps coming back to the same thing.. It is up to politicians to do the right thing. In other countries, same as here they cannot seem to do the RIGHT THING..

Greed gets in the way : (

I have a copy of the movie.. If anyone wants to borrow it or copy it PM me.
I am in the Comox Valley.

Likewise if anyone would like this movie on a disk I'll burn one for you and mail it....sad to say but if we don't change our ways there won't be anything left....

I think the political sector has to change big time. They are the ones at fault across the world.

Look at the Spanish fleet off of Africa and what they are doing to the local's that rely on that fish source for food. It is appauling.

The global demand for food is there for sure but we are talking about greed to fill supermarkets etc. in developed nations period. How many ton's of fish get disgarded when the expiry date has been reached. How many ton's of fish have to be specifically displayed for "us" to see and be "pleasing" to purchase?

In the big picture many species are not farmed and the one's that are farmed are harming the wild ones. When will this madness end?

I do believe that the film was made for shock value. The book seemed to have a more non bias take on the topic at hand. There are alot of things going on and a lot of them are not good but you can't believe everything you see or read.

I'm really excited to one day soon get into politics and start making a difference for salmon and fisheries that I hold so dear to my heart...I know that sounds cliche, but I know how damn stubborn I am and how I wouldn't allow party lines to make me change my opinion on things that are very important to me...even if it meant party discipline etc.

This movie really showed me, as well as the documentary on oil tankers on west coast, what is truly important to me and will affect my vote as well as outspokenness in the future.

Wow! That is a real eye opener. Big business and politics play a huge role for sure. Shouldn't be legal to drag nets like that!

Back