the black box

the runt

Hi Wolf,I saw you're posting on the box.What is your natural voltage going down your cable.I'm running about .200 natural voltage,just wondering what some of the other guys are running.listed on the pro troll it starts at .600 for the lowest for springs to,.750 for socks.Has the box helped me catch more? Don't know if it helped,but probably can't hurt either. Some people swear their depth sounder affects fishing also.

thanks the runt

good post.I've often wondered about the proper way to use them myself.I have a new style(scotty,digital)box.Some say you still have to read the natural current on your line and calculate the difference.Then set your dial accordingly.Others say just set the dial to what ever reading you want and it will adjust itself.
I would like to hear from others about this.also about the sonar affecting the fish.

it must be something in the water

Runt mine is from .54 to .70 depending on the day and the water conditions there are some ways also on how to lower or highten voltage on the wire this topic is such a debateable one every one has there opinion on it i know what works best for ME!!!!! could be different for some one elses boat its personal just like which lures you use for fishing!!!!!

Wolf

Edited by - Wolf on 10/12/2005 14:08:28

Back