Telegraph cove Pt. McNeill reports?

• Thread starter Thread starter explorer
  • Start date Start date
E

explorer

We are going to be up that way for the last ten days ofthe month here.
We got a report from our friend up there that the fishing has been slower, he lost a couple springs both mornings one around 25 lbs right by the boat.
Anyone have any reports?

I posted this under another heading yesterday. I hope that it gives you an idea.

quote:The fishing at the backside of Malcolm has been very hit and miss. It seems that the springs are just passing through and not hanging around at all. There is lots of bait to keep them there, but they're not staying. One morning you'll hook 6 between 20 and 30, and the next you'll have a tough time finding one. Such is fishing.

Lots of Sockeye around though, and Double Bay has been producing it's fair share of fish this year, along with the usual spots like The Slide, Black Bluff, Bere Point, Flower Island and the Wall.

Give me a call on 69 if you're up there (FishWish) and we can swap some info.

FishWish

It has definitely been slower than normal this year, and the lack of coho is very disconcerning. There should be lots of them around when you are going to be there (I hope).

FishWish

Thanks fish wish, last year we had our best year by far (15+ yrs) for amount of springs and halibut, yet everyone else said the fishing was slow so go figure. We also found one day we would catch 6 big springs, then the next day just one or two so it depended on the bite.
You will probably hear us talking on the radio with sign name kokanee, I can't remember what channel we usually talk on though.
Good luck and good fishing

Back