Swivel Placement for Quick Setup Changes

BCCRU

So, I was thinking: I only have 1 rod and don't want to get more (for reasons of space) but I want to switch between fishing setups quickly (float & spinner).

Can I just place a snap swivel above the bobber, clip/unclip the entire float/bobber setup and clip on the spinner setup?

I assume if you are using a bobber you are freshwater fishing? This is a saltwater page.

If I understand what you are asking it is pretty straight forward set up. I just put my swivel snap at the end of my main line and then attach whatever I want to it with a leader with either another swivel snap or a ring for quick on and off.

I don't see why not. What's your concern?
The concern is that my top swivel/clip (that will be above the bobber) will limit how high my bobber will be able to slide limiting my fishing depth. Wanted to get other people's opinions, specifically for salmon fishing. But, as "Whole in the Water" mentioned:

I assume if you are using a bobber you are freshwater fishing? This is a saltwater page.

If I understand what you are asking it is pretty straight forward set up. I just put my swivel snap at the end of my main line and then attach whatever I want to it with a leader with either another swivel snap or a ring for quick on and off.
I may have posted it in the wrong forum. My apologies for that. And thank you to both of you for your inputs.

Your question did sound like a freshwater topic in a salty forum, but I thought maybe you were using a bobber in the salt...its not unheard of. I've used a bobber on a sabiki rig for herring fishing from shore. In which case I usually have a snap swivel for ease of changing out the sabiki rig, and clip the bobber wherever I want.

Back