Swiftsure closed area

Lucky Dog

Last time I was in Renfrew there was a no fish area on Swiftsure Bank. I noticed its not in the regs this year and all I could find was a notice that expired in 2016. Anyone know if that area is still a no fishing zone this year? The reason I ask is I will be in the area this weekend for fishing.

Thanks

LD

Yes. It's still there. As always finding stuff on the dfo website is near impossible.

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/tidal-maree/a-s121-eng.html

Ryan that link doesn't show any swift sure bank closure on it. Swift sure is almost directly out from nitnat lake...pretty much straight west (tiny bit N) of Renfrew. The USA/Canada border chops through a part of swift sure.

I was also looking for the closure on the dfo sight when i was fishing up near there recently but couldn't find any recent mention of it.

Might be a good idea to send a PM to a member that is from or posts in the Renfrew fish reports section if you are planning on fishing there soon.

Ryan that link doesn't show any swift sure bank closure on it. Swift sure is almost directly out from nitnat lake...pretty much straight west (tiny bit N) of Renfrew. The USA/Canada border chops through a part of swift sure.

I was also looking for the closure on the dfo sight when i was fishing up near there recently but couldn't find any recent mention of it.

Might be a good idea to send a PM to a member that is from or posts in the Renfrew fish reports section if you are planning on fishing there soon.

I am well aware where swiftsure is. Only RCA'S are listed under closures, you always need to check the restrictions sections on the dfo site as full finfish closures are listed under that section.

The swiftsure closure has been in place for quite some time, someone with more history of that closure can speak to how long. Plenty of good area to fish outside the closure.

Make sure you put the coordinates for the closure into your plotter as they are just random points out in the middle of the ocean, so don't expect to steer clear using landmarks.

I am well aware where swiftsure is. Only RCA'S are listed under closures, you always need to check the restrictions sections on the dfo site as full finfish closures are listed under that section.

The swiftsure closure has been in place for quite some time, someone with more history of that closure can speak to how long. Plenty of good area to fish outside the closure.

Make sure you put the coordinates for the closure into your plotter as they are just random points out in the middle of the ocean, so don't expect to steer clear using landmarks.

Ryan the old posting by DFO i have seen before was like the one big.griff linked to. It had all closures on it just like this one that big.griff linked to. That was the point I was trying to make to you. The one you linked wasn't the original proper one showing swift sure and the other rca's and other closures. The old one has been gone from the dfo site for awhile now. The old one not only listed the gps in text but it also used to have the gps on the chart map picture too.

This one that big.griff linked to is the current good one showing all closures and coordinates; rca's, swiftsure finfish closure etc...

Thanks big.griff!

Back