Staying at secret beach - Ukee for fuel?

the force

Crew Member
Still having the inside vs outside debate with my wife for a trip next week. For those that fish out of secret beach, do you run to Ukee or Poett for fuel or where’s the best place? None in Toquart as far as I know.
Thanks!

I get 16.3nm to PN and 11.2nm to Ukee dock.
My butt still hurts after paying the $79, but the Navionics app is handy for measuring stuff like that.
Depends where you plan to fish maybe.

Ya definitely Ukee for fuel over Poett. On a windy day last week we ducked for cover and fished Howard point and Nettle island. Got a couple shakers, but more fish should show up as we get into August. You can run up to Alley, foods and great bear pretty easily from Secret and get into some good action.

Still having the inside vs outside debate with my wife for a trip next week. For those that fish out of secret beach, do you run to Ukee or Poett for fuel or where’s the best place? None in Toquart as far as I know.
Thanks!
We brought 200L in jerry cans when we stayed at Secret Beach. Highly recommended getting fuel in Ukee lol.

I get 16.3nm to PN and 11.2nm to Ukee dock.
My butt still hurts after paying the $79, but the Navionics app is handy for measuring stuff like that.
Depends where you plan to fish maybe.
Nice thanks, I figured Ukee was a bit closer unless we end just up just fishing in around swale though probably wouldn’t need fuel if that was the case.
I keep rocking my expired version as haven’t been able to stomach the renewal lol. It would be nice to measure multi-point routes, is it easy on an iPhone? I do miss the ability to set coloured depth ranges as well.

We brought 200L in jerry cans when we stayed at Secret Beach. Highly recommended getting fuel in Ukee lol.
lol reminds me of a moose hunt up north… way too many jerry cans.

Wife will probably want to go find a shower somewhere anyway, I’m assuming one of the marina’s in Ukee has a coin/paid shower?

Attachments

• IMG_2167.jpeg
    IMG_2167.jpeg
    510.8 KB · Views: 22
Ya definitely Ukee for fuel over Poett. On a windy day last week we ducked for cover and fished Howard point and Nettle island. Got a couple shakers, but more fish should show up as we get into August. You can run up to Alley, foods and great bear pretty easily from Secret and get into some good action.
Thanks man! I read your report in the Ukee thread a few times, sounds like a great trip. I’ve got the 3 kiddos with me so hoping for good weather and decent numbers of fish inside.

Ukee is the go to for supplies when at secret beach it’s quicker and good spots to make it worth the trip either outside if nice or inside front makes for a nice day and some lunch while floating in the sound how could it get better

Back