Spectacle

That was easy!

Usual fair, tiny stockies. Fast action. Purple micro leaches. Only advice would be use the finest tippet you can find. My buddy had on maybe 6# and they wouldn't even look at his fly.

I can remember in the early 70's, my uncle owned land that has the creek that exits Spectacle lake run through it. Me and my cousin used to go to the creek to poke around and it was so full of Brookies, it was crazy. They were small, 8 to 12 inches I would say but hordes of them.

Later in life I fished in the lake a bit. Very early 80's. I used to catch the odd Eastern Brook but they were small. Very neat looking fish though.

I can remember in the early 70's, my uncle owned land that has the creek that exits Spectacle lake run through it. Me and my cousin used to go to the creek to poke around and it was so full of Brookies, it was crazy. They were small, 8 to 12 inches I would say but hordes of them.

Later in life I fished in the lake a bit. Very early 80's. I used to catch the odd Eastern Brook but they were small. Very neat looking fish though.

Havent fished there for almost 15 years, but there used to be lots of brookies in there in the mid-nineties.Believe it or not I got an 18" Brook trout out of there one day.

Used to live up there, just at the start of the parking lot there is a waterfall and small pool at the bottom. Would take the kids down there catch some fish and put them in a 5 gallon bucket and the kids would run them to let go in the lake. Did this a few times before the creek would dry up. Always found the brookie fishing better in the fall. Did catch a dam smallmouth in the lake about 8 yrs ago:(
( I know it is illegal to move live fish,but it was more like a rescue misson)

Back