Spectacle lake

kunni

Has anyone been to spectacle on the malahat lately? It has awesome fish for small trout around ice off, just wondering how its been. I have been thinking of wheeling the boat down there.

Kunni

Recently got a stocking of 750 (Oct 7), I haven't been there since early spring but when I went it was recently stocked and action was HOT !
Don't wait too long though as I think the people that live very close to that lake have "stocked freezers".

nice, might go there this weekend, that or langford, or thetis.

Kunni

Back in the day it had Eastern Brook Trout in it. They were small but very cool looking.

I was fishing there, and once had a small brookie, unfortunately the bass have been introduced and are starting to take over. But yeah the brook trout are a beautiful fish. I have only every caught one, it didnt put up a great fight, but its beauty was the reward.

Kunni

I had a 12" brookie almost steal my rod once! LOL I know a few secret lakes where they still exist. Let me know Kunni and we can talk at the lake.

KK

If KK knows about these lakes they won't be secret for long

spectacle is not a secret lake, it just takes some effort to get too. So not alot of people get a boat down there. But tons of people know about it and fish it. Not really sure what your hang up about KK is though.

Kunni

The stocking reports from the BCFFS list dozens of lakes that are stocked with Brook Trout all across BC. Stocked lakes are generally easy to find and easy to get to.

Back