Sooke Harbour Marina

goalie

Does anyone know when the marina is closing down? Is it still open for the public... for how long?
Thanks in advance.

I talk to the caretaker constantly, he dosent know,period. I would think sometime in the new year,however there are still a few boats tied up there.
It was a good place, reasonable ramp with parking.
The municipality missed the opportunity to buy it outright and renovate it for its potential,ie supply and demand for the countless number of tourists learning about the excellent year round fishery here. Its going to be utter cayose,sp, here next year. The users including dozens of charter boat operators are going to ***** not to mention the locals. Tourists wont return,the town will suffer.
The towns priority was a small park/parking lot dedicated to a past municipal member. Rarely used except for the odd Arts displays.
This town has to wake up and cater to the needs that are so obvious.
Thats what Im saying.

B Gibb

Thanks for the info, Otter...Yeah... what a shame...! I guess its the same bunch of locals who turned down Tim Horton's (and taxes that would have come from it...) I hear Jock's Dock next door has a poor ramp when tide is low. We're planning to go out tomorrow... any tips on where to chase 'em...? Bluffs...? How deep? Appreciate your advice!
Thanks.

Its slowed down,ie yesterday, I couldnt find bait anywhere.
It goes day by day. A week ago I couldnt keep them off the hook.

B Gibb

Went out this a.m. 8:45... trolled between Trailer Park and Tin Shed; got 4 by 10:50 a.m. - 2 @140ft and 2 @ 130ft; green flasher one rod with 3 1/2 Gibbs Paddy Wagon; the other rod anchovie. looks like fresh bait coming in. Four other boats; didn't see any big ones caught... ours were about 5-6lbs. Released a bunch of lil' ones...:)

Back