sink in a cuddy?

bigdogg1

Who has one and how often (if ever) do you use it? The sink pump needs to be replaced/rebuilt and I started thinking about removing the entire assembly (incl fresh water tank). Then I thought about keeping it, adding a small pump and creating a fresh water wash down from it...so it all goes back to the sink. Do not overnight often and, when we do, bottled water etc is the norm. Just wondering if anyone has compelling reason to keep it. The other downside is that I need to cut an access hole in the fresh water tank if it is to be used as drinking water. Basically impossible to drain and clean etc.

Anyways, thoughts appreciated as always.

Have one in our Pursuit, it is completely useless, unless you don’t want to leave the Cuddy to brush your teeth. The fresh water wash down is a good idea for immediately rinsing gear/riggers ect before you’re even back at the dock. Luckily Pursuit plumbed the fresh into the sink as well as the rear cockpit sink (which I use as the wash down).

Last edited:
Have one in our Pursuit, it is completely useless you don’t want to leave the Cuddy to brush your teeth. The fresh water wash down is a good idea for immediately rinsing gear/riggers ect before you’re even back at the dock. Luckily Pursuit plumbed the fresh into the sink as well as the rear cockpit sink (which I use as the wash down).
Thanks for the reply - wouldn't be too hard (;)) to run electrical and a pump into the cavity where the holding tank is. Appreciate the response.

I have 5 places to wash things:
-galley sink
- head sink
- shower
-fesh water washdown/ shower on the deck
-salt water washdown at the fillet table

Too much?

I don’t use mine for anything other than junk storage. Check the striper forum. White Bear has a thread detailing the removal of the whole sink unit.
Thanks bb - it was the SOC that I was stalking that gave me the idea to remove the sink in the first place:). Lots of great galley mods to be found for sure.

seriously? You don't ever want to wash your hands? Clean a cup, or some plates after BBQing? Putting an electric pump on my sink was one of the best additions to the boat.

Removed one from a Striper a few years back, he used the space to install a built in tackle box. Rather then fibreglass the drain thru hull opening, installed a bronze through hull with a round piece of Copper sil fosed in it.

seriously? You don't ever want to wash your hands? Clean a cup, or some plates after BBQing? Putting an electric pump on my sink was one of the best additions to the boat.

If I need to wash my hands there is typically a large body of water known as the ocean, just over the side of my gunnel. Beer from a can doesn’t require any cups, and a well seasoned coffee cup never gets washed. Paper plates and bowls solve the last problem. Rip it out and utilize the space :)

If I need to wash my hands there is typically a large body of water known as the ocean, just over the side of my gunnel. Beer from a can doesn’t require any cups, and a well seasoned coffee cup never gets washed. Paper plates and bowls solve the last problem. Rip it out and utilize the space :)
There are some awesome mods on another forum where that space has been 100% repurposed and it looks great. Thanks.

I love my sink, as alot of times we cook breakfast on the boat fresh bacon or sausages and farm fresh eggs. or smokies for lunch . but I also have a hot water tank as well so ill keep my sink. Never thought Id ever use a fridge and sink and stove on a boat now thats its there id never NOT have one, just more to enjoy , And BTW you can get a water pump really cheap from amazon under RV section, especially if its in boat hidden only difference I saw is marine ones are painted RV ones arent ...and quite a savings....

Back