Similkameen Rainbows

• Thread starter Thread starter Fish Whisperer
  • Start date Start date
F

Fish Whisperer

I am in a derby on the May long weekend this year on Shuswap Lake. I was hoping to get some feedback on color/size of lures etc. if there is anyone out there with experience on this system. [8D]

never fished there.....spent summer holidays on shushwap....and wondered the same...i think the thompson rvr is part of the shushwap.....might be wrong,but could be some good fishin!!!what are u targeting???

rainbows....duh....had a blonde moment there,try gang trolls with 24-36 inch leader with a dew worm....if u can use bait.ive had good luck with this.....deep and as slow as u can troll.works 4 me on victoria lk. and alice lk. on north end of island.

use tomic plugs.color 231 or 243.4"multi.troll anywhere from 10 to 40 feet deep.send it way back from the boat.70-100 feet.good luck... show pictures later...

General area,but further south,Okanagan Lake,new to the area and never see any one fishing the big lake? Heard winter was the prime time? AAppreciate any comments from locals.

I grew up on Okanagan lake, (Summerland) and there are many days you can't catch anything but a cleavage shot. The fish that are down deep are monsters, my father in law caught a 10 lb. rainbow with a downrigger! The photo he's got is awsome. The lake is very</u> deep. tight lines![8D]

i'm gna have 2 agree......deep and as slow as u can troll.....those big MONSTERS dont want 2 work 2 hard 4 a meal.....

Back