Shore fishing in Kelowna

Going to Kelowna with the family in a couple days and looking do do some fishing on the big lake. What are some good places close to or in town for some simple shore fishing? I don't know the area so some advice on techniques would be appreciated too.
Also thinking about going to Shannon lake, so any info about there would be great.
Thanks

Going to Kelowna with the family in a couple days and looking do do some fishing on the big lake. What are some good places close to or in town for some simple shore fishing? I don't know the area so some advice on techniques would be appreciated too.
Also thinking about going to Shannon lake, so any info about there would be great.
Thanks

Shannon lake has a public dock you can cast from also from shore, really weedy but produces big fish sometimes I wouldn’t eat them with all those golf course pesticides lol

Use worms or small spinners

Antler beach outside peach land is good early am

Same deal small spinners and spoons maybe even a fly rod would be a good idea.

Also Bertram creek park is good early am if you use the dock there or even from shore/rocks.

Update on the trip so far: We pulled a couple tiny bass out of Shannon lake, and I hooked a footlong pike minnow of the dock at the Dewdney Road beach (it was delicious). Probably going to Bertram Creek Park tomorrow

I grew up in Kelowna beside Mill creek which is near the bridge and city park and would fish a lot for white fish, suckers, and carp.
We would always fish the piling that use to be on the Kelowna side of the bridge and ran North/South where the first big concrete footing is. The piling have been removed now.
It is about 20 ft deep and fish the South side (Penticton) of the concrete footing. The water flows to the south in the lake
Go onto the rip rap rocks under the bridge and cast out to the location noted above.
For set up I would use a float with 8 feet of line down to a small weight and 2-foot leader and hook.
If you have no luck remove the float and let your gear, go to bottom.
You can use worms, or we use to use flour and water mixed into a stiff dry dough.

The fish like hanging out in that area because Mill creek flows out into the lake on the south side of the bridge.

But if it is sunny and hot the fish tend to not feed and go deep in all lakes in the OK.

Only issue you might have is weeds. If there are lots of weeds try fishing the west side of the bridge’s rip rap.

Back