SFBC's Offical 2018-2019 Hockey Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed the Nucks game last night..what happen?
You didn't miss a thing. Probably worst performance of the season. Carolina like the 2 previous teams played an aggressive in your face offensive game that took tons of risks but the Canucks overall defence was atrocious and Marky was left out to dry the first 2 periods. Gud and P especially.
Not like me but after 2 periods I watched the Vikings instead which had a little more bite.

You didn't miss a thing. Probably worst performance of the season. Carolina like the 2 previous teams played an aggressive in your face offensive game that took tons of risks but the Canucks overall defence was atrocious and Marky was left out to dry the first 2 periods. Gud and P especially.
Not like me but after 2 periods I watched the Vikings instead which had a little more bite.

Didn’t you say that about the last two games they won?

Didn’t you say that about the last two games they won?
You have to admit Demko and Markstrom were the main reasons we won both against Buffalo and Detroit. The review tapes probably don't lie and three teams in succession have played a particular style of game against our Canucks. Yes, twice we won because of goaltending and a 4th line. Carolina was a different story . Anyway that's just my opinion as I see it.

I love when the Canuckleheads win a game or two, then loose a few, win a couple more. Outta the playoffs unless they can pull their heads outta theirs asses, but no lottery drafts picks at this pace. I think they need to reside themselves to the fact this is a rebuilding stage, not a cup run. They need to develop a few more players and perhaps, look at making serious front office and behind the bench changes if they want to make a serious go of things.

I love when the Canuckleheads win a game or two, then loose a few, win a couple more. Outta the playoffs unless they can pull their heads outta theirs asses, but no lottery drafts picks at this pace. I think they need to reside themselves to the fact this is a rebuilding stage, not a cup run. They need to develop a few more players and perhaps, look at making serious front office and behind the bench changes if they want to make a serious go of things.
I think the front office and coaching of the Canucks is looking pretty good these days

I think they need to reside themselves to the fact this is a rebuilding stage, not a cup run. They need to develop a few more players and perhaps, look at making serious front office and behind the bench changes
Seems Green has done a decent job taking a team with only a couple of players with high end talent and making them competitive. I do agree they need more talent though, and need to commit to rebuilding, which means losing some more. This year is a good draft, and the good news is they are only 4 or 5 regulation losses in a row away from joining the group of teams vying for the top 6 picks.

Gee I see the Leafs traded for Kings defenceman Jake Muzzin today in exchange for the leafs 2019 1st draft pick and a couple of tier 2 players. Too bad as I was hoping that Tanev or Edler was going to be that guy.
OMG TSN is going on a 9 hour special on Muzzin.

Gee I see the Leafs traded for Kings defenceman Jake Muzzin today in exchange for the leafs 2019 1st draft pick and a couple of tier 2 players. Too bad as I was hoping that Tanev or Edler was going to be that guy.
OMG TSN is going on a 9 hour special on Muzzin.
LOl.. only 9hrs :) :)

TSN has gone over the top on this trade. Craig Button must have a shrine to Dubas set up in his house. Don't get me wrong, its a good trade for the leafs, Muzzin can help them. But after Reilly and Muzzin, the leafs still have to play Zaitsev, Hainsy, Dermott and Gardiner for significant parts of the game. Anderson will continue to have to bail them out, but maybe a little less.

Yup .. Muzzin is good... guess big T has the parade route planned eh Jackal :) :)
Toronto didn't give up a roster player so eventually someone will need to be waived or something. Maybe an suspicious LTIR is the answer when Ennis returns to active duty. Good hockey trade in my opinion for both parties. Muzzin is a top 2 defenceman that the Leafs clearly needed.
I see TSN is still at it this morning. Sorry about being a bit shy on my 9 hours and guess what the Toronto TV weather report includes a Muzzin segment. Yes, the parade is in motion but again there may be disappointment if history repeats itself.

Muzzin was insulated playing with Doughty. Be interested to see if he can keep up

Muzzin was insulated playing with Doughty. Be interested to see if he can keep up
Good point and yes will be interesting. I felt the last couple of years Muzzin has been a beast but maybe he could take liberties because of Doughty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back