seaswirls

Deep Fry You should join the stripers Owners Club (www.seastriper.com) There are a number of stripers including 2901's for sale there. No cost to join and usually a few stripers for sale at any one time

You may be looking at the one listed on the striper site. That is a great deal. I have a 2301 that I really like. If I lived close to where I fish and didn't have to trailer, I would really consider it. They aren't the top of the line, but I can work on and repair all stuff myself. I feel they are very seaworthy, they can take more than I can take. If you aren't looking at the one on that site, you should. I don't know if it has a trailer.
Ted

The 2901s are exceptionally nice boats. The one for sale on the Striper site is a great deal -- brand new engines and he wants $75K -- that's outstanding. However -- he lists the boat as the Pilothouse model -- and it's not. It's the Alaskan Bulkhead model. The Pilothouse version has a full enclosure including a rear door like the one below.

I've owned 2 Stripers and would own a 2901 Pilothouse if it had the galley area in the actual pilothouse rather than down below -- wife's orders...

seaswirl-2901-x1.jpg

Thanx everyone for the comments. I have joined the SOC Club and there is a tonne of info there. I still have one question nagging at me though. Specifically with the Pilothouse model ( with a hard bulkhead and door), how trickly is it to fish the boat single handed? Visibility of rods from the helm and how does the boat track while setting up the riggers and (hopefully) playing the fish, are questions that come to mind. Does anyone have any personal experience fishing on a 2901 pilothouse?

Hey deep fry.

I owned a 2600 Sport Cabin. It is a very similar design to the 2901 Pilot House. No problem fishing it from the Pilot House -- lots of visibility of the rods, although you have to run to get to them. I added a kicker with a remote steering option from the cockpit -- that's a must have addition because trying to fight a fish and steer the boat is almost impossible from inside the Pilothouse.

The SOC is one of the best forums around (other than this one). Very friendly guys with tons of great advice. I'm on there with the same userID -- but I now own a Bayliner 288 (similar design to the 2901 Pilothouse actually.... but with the galley etc.. all up top.

Hey deep fry.

I owned a 2600 Sport Cabin. It is a very similar design to the 2901 Pilot House. No problem fishing it from the Pilot House -- lots of visibility of the rods, although you have to run to get to them. I added a kicker with a remote steering option from the cockpit -- that's a must have addition because trying to fight a fish and steer the boat is almost impossible from inside the Pilothouse.

The SOC is one of the best forums around (other than this one). Very friendly guys with tons of great advice. I'm on there with the same userID -- but I now own a Bayliner 288 (similar design to the 2901 Pilothouse actually.... but with the galley etc.. all up top.
My user ID on SOC is Morfin (Finaddict was already taken) .

Back