Scotty repair times? Aug/Sep 2024

Anyone bring their Scotty’s in for service recently? I don’t want to take them off the boat for a month but they are badly in need of service, I guess I could pick up jigging for the rest of the season, but was considering the derby next weekend.
What needs to be done? There's a couple pretty good "how to" videos on YouTube on general maintenance of them?

You can d0 the counter, take the failed one off to Trotac or the Fitters, they should give you a new one. Cotter pin....really I think you can handle that, get them through the season and take them in. Lots of fish around and they are just opening up, get out there

Super easy to service yourself if you just want to make it through a month or so. In the off season I drop them off, go for lunch and go back and they are ready. Not much to them really.

You can d0 the counter, take the failed one off to Trotac or the Fitters, they should give you a new one. Cotter pin....really I think you can handle that, get them through the season and take them in. Lots of fish around and they are just opening up, get out there
I think they will "sell" you a new one.
Scotty replace at no charge.
I mailed them a stuck counter and week later a replacement arrived.

It's great that Scotty stands behind their products.

That said, the digital counters have been a major fack up.

With the technology available today you would think there would be a better solution.

It's great that Scotty stands behind their products.

That said, the digital counters have been a major fack up.

With the technology available today you would think there would be a better solution.
They have changed from a sealed unit to a triple A, but it was the triple A giving me problems, sealed is still working fine. It looks like a cheap part to manufacture but buying a spare in Tofino didn't look cheap after paying for a cabin for my inlaws and tofino's "camping" rates! Scotty has always been good to me, especially being local. I'm waiting to hear back from two other manufactures in the US whose products have failed and it sure it's like dealing with Scotty!

I'd give them a call -- they will tell you what their current wait is, and usually beat their estimate in my experience. Often free parts thrown in.

Back