Scotty Downrigger Service - Mainland

Ringo

Crew Member
need to send my riggers for service and need to have them back ASAP. Where is a recommended service centre on the mainland? Thank you.

need to send my riggers for service and need to have them back ASAP. Where is a recommended service centre on the mainland? Thank you.

A buddy had his done at Highwater in North Van with a quick turnaround and raved about the staff there.

Berry's Bait and Tackle in Richmond does it too but like paguy said, all the maintenance to be done on them is super easy and takes very little time. I recommend scuffing up your brakes with emery paper and a little cleaning of them first with an alcohol solvent like isopropyl.
If you haven't done them before you can flip the brake pad over for a new surface too.

100% agree with the three posts immediately above. Highwater provided exceptional service for my downriggers before I watched a couple YouTubes on downrigger maintenance and saw how easy they were to maintain ... I have been maintaining mine since. The brilliance of Scotty's downriggers is a bit mind boggling to me ... simple design, simple to maintain and incredibly effective and reliable in a saltwater environment.

Thanks, guys. I do my annual maintenance/ tension adjustments every season. I recently ran into a brake issue when retrieving the ball. The rigger trips on the end of the return but the brake doesn't stick and the ball goes back in the water unless I manually lock the brake. I contact d Scotty and their recommendation was to send it for service. The other rigger has no performance issues but makes a clicking noise on the retrieve.

I had the same problem, it was a broken return spring.
If you tell Scotty they will send you a new one in the mail for free.

scotty+brake_spring.jpg

I had the same problem, it was a broken return spring.
If you tell Scotty they will send you a new one in the mail for free.

scotty+brake_spring.jpg
That little spring is the only thing I have ever had to replace on my downriggers and I also got them from scotty for free.

I run a fishing charter so I like everything working, change the handle spring every year and the brakes about every three years, there cheap and most problems are solved by doing that...

Bret

Back