Scotty 1106 parts that fail?

S-357

Just wondering overtime what parts you have found to fail the most so I can have some on hand while out fishing.
Thanks!

Not really a fail of the part, but I have found it useful to have a spare for the pivot bolt that screws in and holds the rigger to the mount. On rare occasion one can go overboard in the installation or removal of the rigger process.
Have also found it useful to have a spare rigger all ready to go if one screw up when the fishing is hot, rather than mess with one that has broken some cable strands and needs some cable cut off and terminal gear reinstalled etc.

Dunno! I've had mine for more than 10yrs now and they get practically zero maintenance or care. I rinse with saltFRESHwater and spray WD40 on the booms at the end of each season.

They are honestly the most bulletproof, reliable boating products I've ever used. Hope I didn't jinx myself...

Last edited:
Dunno! I've had mine for more than 10yrs now and they get practically zero maintenance or care. I rinse with saltwater and spray WD40 on the booms at the end of each season.

They are honestly the most bulletproof, reliable boating products I've ever used. Hope I didn't jinx myself...
Freshwater right?

I do the WD40 every 3rd or 4th trip, such a difference in how they age. So easy to do.

I keep brake pads (and sand paper or a rough scotch pad), drive belts, a few terminal kits, stopper beads if cable, and a spare cannonball of course.

If I was to do a road trip to Nootka etc, I would bring a complete rigger as a spare.

I’ve had issues with some of the counters counting by 10’s. But Scotty has given me new counters, no questions asked. Regular servicing every November too.

Awesome thanks everyone. First year switching from manuals... want to make sure I'm covered in case of emergency repair. Also be keeping a manual as a spare on the boat for now

Something I forgot to mention. You will also want a few spare fuses for the rigger power supply system.
Thank u, yes this was the first thing I heard haha put the inline fuses in easy access for changing when I wired it. All this info helps big cutting down on trial and error

Back