Sansum Narows

nedarb2

Was out wednesday night..very nice weather..4 boats out fishing..tons and tons of bait fish everywhere, but nothing was biting. No body could catch nodda, ling cod, springs, even the sharks wernt biting. However, from the weekend it sounds liek there was very good fishign especially around bold bluff..our marina manager cought a 17, 23, and lost another low 20's at the boat, all fish were cougth during the turn around to do another pass.

p.s. the fishery guys were test fishing lings at burial island earlier and they were pulling out 40-60lbers..we ended up loosing 4 jigs [:p] and a flasher+gear on a commercial trap line [V]

quote:Originally posted by nedarb2

p.s. the fishery guys were test fishing lings at burial island earlier and they were pulling out 40-60lbers..we ended up loosing 4 jigs [:p] and a flasher+gear on a commercial trap line [V]
Oughta be a surprise for the guys pulling their gear.Geuss they watch for that.
I have tried burial and the pinnacle for lings but find it hard to fish with the currents.Any tips ?

quote:Originally posted by nedarb2

Was out wednesday night..very nice weather..4 boats out fishing..tons and tons of bait fish everywhere, but nothing was biting. No body could catch nodda, ling cod, springs, even the sharks wernt biting. However, from the weekend it sounds liek there was very good fishign especially around bold bluff..our marina manager cought a 17, 23, and lost another low 20's at the boat, all fish were cougth during the turn around to do another pass.
any idea on depth ? or just watch for bait?

yup he was in 145' of water and 110 on the rigger..i was seeing lotts of fish on the finder all between 10-30' and 80-120', i tried my riggers at 35, 60, 65, 85, 95, 100, and 110..but nothing happened..tonz on the finder though i was surprised..i hant been fishing long (im 15:P) but ive never seen that many fish or baitfish before showing up

Back