Salmon Fishing Quadra Island

asagert

Hi There

Been a while since ive done any fishing and going up to Quadra Island for Labour Day Weekend. Never fished out there and am wondering if theres anywhere worth it casting from shore. We are staying at We Wai Kai Campground close to Rebecca's split. any advice is welcome!

Thanks so much.

I tried casting from shore a month or so ago. There is a spot over by the ferry with shore access. Noble rd. I caught a few undersized ling there and in front of the lighthouse by the other camp ground.A423DC61-CCEB-43AB-A305-AAD50535B73E.png
Not sure what else there is closer to Rebecca spit.

You might 1630083871813.pngwant to consider a hike to surge narrows, looks like Monday will have the biggest tide changes

fish the outside edge off the end of Rebecca Spit. 3 1/2" xw chrome buzzbomb. walk the shore line and cast away!
low tide you can cast into a deeper pool where chins have a hangout. (the high flood works too)
or, walk down to patty's laggon at low tide and cast out to open water edge. Sometimes it is plugged with kelp. If it is, cast on the downside of the kelp bed. i guess it would be the south end of the lagoon.

Back