salmon and halibut tackle (some old school stuff)

That metal silver plug........looks like an Alaskan......collectors item now...if it's not one of the Japanese knock-offs....

Red hot plug back in the seventies......

It's only markings are a "USA" stamp on the bottom behind the front hook loop.
IMG_0484.JPG

Don't sell that!....every fisherman worth his salt should have one of those to be kept for generations.....

They work best on "returners" that are milling around rivermouths and estuaries on the verge of going up to spawn.....

The originals came with two trebles on them...........and when the fish was jumping and shaking you could hear the trebles rattling on the plug .......unique sound because the plug is metal.....

The Japanese made copies of these....but the back end was rounder and stubbier than the Alaskan.......and the hook setup was different.....

Nice of you to offer such a good deal Sir, nice to see people paying it forward so to speak, i see a few gems there..them Abe n Al's are also quite collectable, used them tons fishing with my dad when i was a kid, lots of drag and a bit of a ***** to bring up the salmon from the deep but i remember payin upwards of 20 a piece for them in the 90's...:eek:

Back