Rod Tip repair

• Thread starter Thread starter Mongoose
  • Start date Start date
M

Mongoose

well I for one have thrown out good fishing rods because of the guide at the very tip is broken, by broken i mean the guide has fallen out leaving the metal guide tip which causes line damage. Well thats an EASY FIX.

First buy a replacement rod tip $3.00, then get the broken guide and with a lighter heat up the metal that holds the guide to the rod tip, the heat melts the glue that holds the guide on (heat it for about 7-10 seconds), then with pliers pull it off. Next with some epoxy or crazy glue( I like crazy glue its cheaper, faster drying time and it holds, strong too ) put some glue/epoxy on the rod tip and put the guide on and leave it for about 10 mins to cure. then its ready for use. If you went to island Outfitters they would of charged you $25 for the same process, it just takes about 5 mins and about 5 bucks.

Had it done last week at Buckys', Duncan. He charged me $6.00

is isl outfitters expensive? I brought my fish liscence there but i didn't have time to look around

If I could just add, from prior experience. If you notice that your rod has blown a guide. Have a look on the line for your rod guide. I have recovered more then one and used a clear epoxy to put it back in place with excellant results. Cheap fix. eman

lol on a little trout rod i had the rod snapped off so i just cut the end down till it was almost as thinck as the rod tip metal diamiter and shoved it on tight, never had a problem!

Back