River fishing in Tofino?

frawlsmaster

Hi Guys,

New to the forum, posted in salt water category asking about shore fishing for salmon..Im coming from Ontario for a week to visit my brother. Would really like to do as much fishing as I can.

Can anyone tell me what the fishing is like in the rivers for salmon/ trout in September around Tofino?

General areas to check out and what baits/ lures to use. From what I understand, its strictly catch and release and barbless hooks are required correct?

I fish for salmon/ trout here in Ontario and would love to try for some around Tofino, so any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

There are no rivers within a 1.5 hr drive from Tofino that will have fish in it in September

There are no rivers within a 1.5 hr drive from Tofino that will have fish in it in September
Yup-you'll drive by the Kennedy and that water looks so lovely but that clarity means little nutrient load and while it may be fun for a quick swim it's not worth the fishing.

dang, so my best bet to gt on some fish out there is to book a charter?

Besides that your best bet would be to cast from shore of the rocks or bring your waders at Tonquin beach and McKenzie Beach with buzzbombs or small casting spoon for cohos. You better be able to make long casts though

Back