Recommendations for lodge trip next year

I believe they still call out the five day package though. Whenever I went to similar lodges, each travel day had about half a day or less of fishing once you arrive, and also before you left on the last day.
Guided is quite a big more money too

If you love shallow motor mooching be hard pressed to beat Dundas for quality fish and decent weather , (black flies can be a killer) Ha Nee Naa lodge Silverback fishing. Clay has a pretty good set up

Just sayin’ and no disrespect intended.
If you’re looking for big chinooks for photography or otherwise AND good bottomfish for eating, it will be a bigger challenge to do it non-guided, especially if you are in a time crunch in an area you are not totally familiar with. From what I’m reading, you will not be on your own boat with familiar electronics. If you’re renting the boat, don’t expect all the bells and whistles you may have on your own. Ive fished Duncanby three times, and while there was fun to be had self guiding (their electronics and gear are basic),I opted for a guide to get freezer meat (especially bottomfish). I’m sure you are a seasoned fisher, but with limited time and not being familiar with the area, you may spend more time looking than actually fishing. Just IMHO. If you’re actually bringing your own boat, then shut my mouth gearwise, but you will still be missing the local knowledge which guides hold very close to their chest.

Back