Rapala Proguide Cordless fillet knife

Striper Sniper

Hi fellow members, has anyone had any experience, positive or negative with one of the Rapala cordless filleting knives? I am thinking of buying one but I can't seem to find any reviews on the internet about them. I understand they fillet a fish well but I am more concerned about how they handle the rib bones on a large Spring or Snapper..... As for halibut I would continue to use the usual type knife. Thanks, SS

I have the Rapala electric but in the 110 volt style and I have to say it is great.. I use that knife for everything from cleaning fish to just as an ordinary electric kitchen knife,, love it.. A brother of mine has the cordless like you are speaking of and he uses it quite regularly for a number of fish species and it has served him well for at least 4 years now.. I will be buying another one if this one I have craps out on me,, but I doubt it will happen I have had it for 5 years now and no problems...

Hey SS. I own one, and all of my buddies as well. I bought mine through Cabelas a couple of years ago, and have used on everything from Salmon, halibut, steelhead, trout...you name it....BUY IT!!! You will love it. The only thing I can suggest is buy the one with the hard shell case, and TWO batteries for those real big fish, and times when you arn't near power to charge it up....IT ROCKS...TRUST ME!!!!

Hey Walleyes and Kris, thanks. I did make the purchase and it was the one with the hard case and two batteries. I bought it on eBay brand new and only had to pay $68.00, seemed like a good deal so I couldn't wait for feedback. Hey Walleyes, I moved up here from Edmonton 10 months ago and have not regretted one minute yet (Comox). :D:D SS

I live in Edmonton right now!!! I envy you guys...I keep trying to convince my wife to move (with me of course :) but so far a no go..money is to good here, and I do get lots of holidays, but simply not enough time to take them...

Back