Radar

LittleG

Spent a couple of weeks last year around Pedder Bay - Sooke, and then Alberni Inlet/Barkely Sound. Great times, great fishing, but heavy fog most days. Did pretty good navigating with charts and GPS but want to add Radar to the boat, a Trophy 2052 with a hardtop.
Don't want to spent a ton of money, but wary of the low cost sets now available. Anyone with experience or advice ?
Also looking for a places to stay or camp in Bamfield or Uclulet during fishing season.

I have the jrc 1500 mark II on my 2052 and find it works well for my needs. Wolf has one too. They will pick up even small objects like logs on the calmer days.Sure is a nice feeling to know where those freighters and big packers are on the way out to big bank. I remember going without! Even in Sooke hali grounds and it can be spooky. Small price to pay for big safety!

Edited by - maddog on 01/19/2006 12:51:58

I have the jrc 1500 mark II on my 2052 and find it works well for my needs. Wolf has one too. They will pick up even small objects like logs on the calmer days.Sure is a nice feeling to know where those freighters and big packers are on the way out to big bank. I remember going without! Even in Sooke hali grounds and it can be spooky. Small price to pay for big safety!

Edited by - maddog on 01/19/2006 12:51:58

The JRC 1500 is about the cheapest small unit you can get. If you want to pay a little more you can also look at the Furuno 1623 Mark II.

Sharp hooks and full traps!

The JRC 1500 is about the cheapest small unit you can get. If you want to pay a little more you can also look at the Furuno 1623 Mark II.

Sharp hooks and full traps!

is there not also a JRC 1000 ?how does it compare to the 1500?price?performance? radome size?

a total MILF.Man I Love Fishing

is there not also a JRC 1000 ?how does it compare to the 1500?price?performance? radome size?

a total MILF.Man I Love Fishing

I use the JRC 1000. Slightly cheaper than the 1500, has 16 mi range. Small dome is why I got it due to space. Works OK once you learn to use it

I use the JRC 1000. Slightly cheaper than the 1500, has 16 mi range. Small dome is why I got it due to space. Works OK once you learn to use it

Back