Radar Arch

• Thread starter Thread starter Brisco
  • Start date Start date
B

Brisco

I can't find anyone in the lower mainland who makes aluminum arches. I have contacted a company in California but they need the boat to fit it. If anyone knows of a good builder in these parts it would be much appreciated.

Phone these guys Lejeune Performance and Fabricating.They are in Victoria,and do a lot of one off type work.250 381 4513 The work is first class.DAN

I agree with you LastChance. I have a Liquid Metal arch, and I would definitely recommend them. I know that they aren't in the Lower Mainland, but they make some nice stuff.

FishWish

Bonds metals did mine and at a very very good price he is in sooke and I would highly recommend him.

Hey Guys, I went to the Liquid Metal web site and they have a photo of a Seaswirl with an anodised arch ! I will check out the other places as well. It will be interesting to see how price compares to the place in California. Regardless, I would like to support local fabricators. Thanks again for your responses:)

If i remember right mine was about 700 bucks for a arch/rocket lancher(rod holder)

Wolf

Wolf, Thats a screaming deal,the one from Pacific Towers inthe states sells for 1300.00, then of course shipping, the border and so on. I have 3 reasons for the arch, to hold more rods, to provide something for my buddies to hang on to instead of the bimini frame, to mount radar unit. I know nothing about radar and need help in that area as well. I don't know how much I need to spend .

I Agree with Wolf...his name is Walter Bohn. The business is called 'Bohn Sheet Metal'. It is located @5520 Croydon Place ,in Saseenos behind the Shell gas Station off Sooke Rd. Just before Sunny Shores on your left on your way into Sooke. 250-642-4797. Just send him some photos and talk to him.[^]

After speaking with everyone, I've decided to go with Tower In A Box. It's available through Paynes Marine . Its schedule 40/ 2 inch anodised pipe also comes with 4 rocket launchers. If I lived on the Island I would have had someone make one up.

Brisco, have you found any dealer that is willing to bring it in for you? What is the landed price for it around here? I believe the price is around 1100-1200 US with a 200 shipping charge if it goes to a marina or dealer. I am curious what the price would be like if it is purchased from a dealer here and they handle the importaing of the rack.

Thanks.

One thing you have to be carefull about brisco is those things are generic one size fits all so you may have to get it altered now your into even more money where a custom one is for your boat and your boat only and you can "put" things where you want!!! and I can tell you from experience 4 rod holders isnt enough you want a min 6 say your out at the bank 3 hali rods and 3 salmon rods ooooppps only got 4 holders more is better in this application.

just some food for thought for you.

Wolf

I spoke to Atlanic towers and they assured me they have sold many of these units for my boat with no problems. The bummer is Nikka called me back with a total price of just over 2,000.00. Shipping is close to 500.00! Too rich for my blood. Everyone I've talked to on the Island wants my boat for a week, kind of expensive for ferry and fuel. My latest idea is to fab up a template using metal conduit.

Brisco,

I've seen the Atlanic Fishing Arch in person and they are very nice. I have a friend that put one on his Trophy and it was easy to mount and sizing it to the boat was not a problem. Just follow the directions carefully and you won't have a problem. He put the optional hinges on it so he could fold it down if needed for storage, ferry height etc. He also added the halogen lights, nice. I think you'll like it. If you ever get down to Seattle, there's a place near fisherman's termminal that has the for $1,190 with no shipping. If you need the name, let me know and I'll get you a phone number and name.

http://www.atlantictowers.com/at_sub/products_fr.htm

Slabby, I would really appreciate the name and number if possible. I could throw it in the back of the pick-up! Thanks very much:)

I managed to locate the Atlantic Fishing Arch in Seattle but the price is 1299.00. By the time you figure gas, border etc. it will cost me more than the price here! I'm hoping to find someone on the mainland willing to build one for me.

Like we said earlier call mr bohn and at least see what he says and tell him about the guys on here referring him to you, you may have to bring over your boat maybe not its at least worth the loonie to call!!!!

Wolf

Wolf, I did call Bohn and he seems to be a super a super guy. We discussed what I wanted. The problem is he's super busy. He would want me to leave the boat. Ferry costs would be too much as well as my time. There has to be someone on the mainland that is capable of this work. I also need help on selecting an inexpensive radar unit. Please keep in mind I only encounter fog twice a year. Thanks for the help guys.:)

Hope this isn't a big no-no. Not looking to get anyone upset. You might want to try posting on the "other" site that most BC saltwater fishermen frequent. The other forum seems to have way more guys from the lower mainland on it. Someone from around Vancouver may see your post and be able to help you out.

Back