Questions on fishing plugs

• Thread starter Thread starter hstat
  • Start date Start date
would fishing plugs be better for a newbie until he gets a good understanding of water etc. or the other way around, fish with bait?

quote:Originally posted by eaglemaniac

Hey Mortician: It seems to me you have recieved some excellant information here from some top rods. I hope it helps in your quest for some fine salmon. Good Luck! eman

Thanks! I'm raring to go...just waiting for a decent forecast..it's flat calm out there this morning..it was supposed to be howling! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I went down to the commercial dock and bought a beauty 9 lb Coho for dinner, cost me $20!!!! What a deal!

I was speaking with him and he showed me some of his gear and how he ties it...he said forget the sportie ties.....and he gave me some tips for hootchies as well. Now I really can't wait!

Thanks for the great info. I am now much more confident in trying plugs again. I am amazed by the long distance from rigger, but will certainly try it.

quote:Originally posted by hstat

Thanks for the great info. I am now much more confident in trying plugs again. I am amazed by the long distance from rigger, but will certainly try it.

I got to test run the plugs ealier this morning before it started raining. No hits on the plugs...but then again, I didn't get any hits on the other tackle either.

I fished Hutt Island to the Waterfall and dragged the bottom. Did see one guy out there, looked like a charter, he looked bored.

I guess the real secret of fishing plugs is keep trying new ones until you find ones that work. For some reason some catch fish and some don't. I have a ton of plugs and only about 6-8 are really hammered with teeth marks. I have many others that don't have a single scratch other than the hook scratching it.

Back