Powell River 2015

Flat day so headed over to Coho Pt from Comox. Pinks were the fish of the day, caught and released at least 6. They were in deeper water out a bit, pulled a couple from below 200ft as I was looking for something better. Humpback whale, Porpoises. Good Times.

Went out to grants reef this morning and ended up with a 28 , 18 and a smaller spring. Also trolled up a couple lings. Came back to town and headed out to sandbanks for afternoon tide change and caught and released a nice tyee. My guess is around 35 pounds. Really awesome day. No bananas spoon was the ticket.

Where is sandbanks? Awesome report and thanks for letting that big fish go so our kids can dream and maybe even catch such a beauty. So epic watching those big beauties swim away. Congrats

Good for you - my experience with releasing Tyee is the same and I have released countless over the years. They can take some time- but the way I see it better to have a chance then be dead on the bottom of your boat with no chance!!! The thrill is pretty overwhelming letting a fish like that go compared to killing it. It just doesn't compare.

Hi. On the the 11th we ran to grief pt .and fished Brew bay ,springs were jumping ,managed to see a 40 + spring on the end of a 602 /6" tubby at the side of the boat before the hook poped out of the fishes mouth.I haven't seen a fish that large in 20 years.Then had to be 70 killer whales visited us .Looked to the south and for miles all you could see was spray ,and same to the north .had to run slowly back to powell river as whales were everywhere.

How is the fishing up in Desolation Sound - Bute Inlet, Toba Inlet area in October / November? My buddy got a new boat and we are itching to go on a trip....

How is the fishing up in Desolation Sound - Bute Inlet, Toba Inlet area in October / November? My buddy got a new boat and we are itching to go on a trip....

Hard to say! I would say go and find out. I will be up that way in November hunting, might mix in some prawning but no fishing.

Back