Port Renfrew Guide

• Thread starter Thread starter lolum
  • Start date Start date
L

lolum

Has anybody heard of / have any opinions on ocean mist retreat charters operating out of Port Renfrew?

Why that particular charter? Many more charters up there. Ocean mist has been there a while though so.....Check out this link--http://www.portrenfrew.com/charters/

C'ya on the water.

I know, im wondering if you have opinions on the 15yr old guiding

To fish or not to fish,
What a stupid question!
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish, and he will sit on a boat drinking beer for a life time :D
TGIF =Thank God It Floats

pik me pik me lol..i think its kinda dumb letting an uninsured 15 yr old take people off the west coast

To fish or not to fish,
What a stupid question!
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish, and he will sit on a boat drinking beer for a life time :D
TGIF =Thank God It Floats

There are many guides working out of Renfrew some good some not so good. You have to be aware of certain things when booking, make sure there boat has been Transport Canada certified,this will insure that the operater has the required courses and certification and required safety gear onboard (Coast Gaurd certified means nothing for a commercial vessel), make sure they are fully insured as accidents can happen. Be aware some guides will operate with minimum insurance. Hope this helps, remember be safe!!

JF

Trevor is apparently lookin for a new boat, Anyway check out mytyme charters he is fully qualified by transport canada and insured if that is the concern,Best part is he knows how to fish.

C'ya on the water.

Dont worry he will be back with a new ride even better so call him hell be ready in time

Wolf

It must say something about the fishing in Renfrew when about 10 years ago there were a few guides in the area,Now you have a vast selection of guides. And The Jackel is right Bud and Rex know who the great guides are, they get a chance to talk with alot of people.

C'ya on the water.

quote:
Trevor is apparently lookin for a new boat, Anyway check out mytyme charters he is fully qualified by transport canada and insured if that is the concern,Best part is he knows how to fish.

C'ya on the water.

I'll second mytyme charter. Top notch equipment,very experienced guide and has fished Renfrew forever:)
http://www.mytymecharters.ca/

Jason

I think it is his ninth season, It's been a while for sure.

C'ya on the water.

We went with "Devonian fishing and marine charters" last year at Renfrew. John Lum is a great guy and has a very nice boat. He aims to please. We had a young boy with us and he was sick so he ran us back in from swiftsure bank, had a break then he offered to take us back out to where it wasn't quite as bumpy. We then caught 2 nice big springs!It was a great time.

Check out Mr. Hovey at Trailhead Charters for 06.

There new 30 foot Silverstreak rig will be running up to 6 guys out to the "Long Hole" over 60 km offshore for crazy Hali action.

Back