Port Hardy, Telegraph Cove area July

Finally

Hey guys, we have been doing some research for locations for our July fishing trip. Thanks for all your help in helping us narrow down our desicion on where to go.

The Port Hardy/telegraph cove area seems to offer several places within our price range. We are looking at staying at Bearcove cottages or at Telegraph Cove Resort in one of their Cabins. From using the search function here on the site, these both sound like good spots that are within our price range.

Does one of these locations typically fish better in July? Is one closer to the fishing grounds than the other? We would like to target salmon and bottomfish as well as prawn and crab if possible. We will be running a 17' malibu tyee. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I fished out of telegraph in the exact same boat early aug. The cabins are very nice and the scenery is second to none. I would highly recommend it as a vacation but if fishing is the focus of the trip then its gotta be hardy.

I fished out of telegraph in the exact same boat early aug. The cabins are very nice and the scenery is second to none. I would highly recommend it as a vacation but if fishing is the focus of the trip then its gotta be hardy.

X2 "Bear Cove Cottages" If you haven't fished that area... hiring a guide for the first day, would be a very good investment :)

Go with Wade and Bear Cove, great place and nice views.

PM him as he is a reg on here.

Both places have great fishing.

If you need any info out of Telegraph, PM me and I will give you some help.

Cheers

SS

Back